This book is no longer available.
Google released a PDF booklet with 10 tips on making your website work. I’m loving the fact that the book is free and that it has has some good tips we all should know.
A sneak peak of what’s inside:
- Bring me to the right page
- This part talks about tips for landing pages.
- Make your homepage useful
- Talks about how your homepage should be informative and clear.
- Help me navigate
- Says you need a clear site navigation.
- Give me the right results when I search
- Pretty obvious, searches should be accurate.
- Display groups of products clearly
- Talks about having a clear layout and design.
- Give me the product details I need
- Summarize and have a visible call-to-action.
- Make registrations optional
- I’ve always hated having to register for every website I go to. This section agrees with me.
- Make it easy to buy or enquire
- Don’t ask for stuff you don’t need to know for the user to own what you’re offering.
- Reassure me
- Everyone likes a little bit of hand holding.
- Find this useful? Let me help!
- Like always, the author is giving thanks for reading his article.